Monday, September 1, 2008

Long Time No Posts

Well...here we are again. I haven't blogged in forever. Reading my past two posts sort of makes me cringe. Had some "issues" for sure. Things are some what better now.

My grandfather was doing better. They actually took him off of dialysis after he was going 3 times a week. This was about 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately he is not doing so good at the moment. My dad scheduled a check up because he gets tired easily and his memory is much worse. I pray he does much better soon.

My husband is working at the prison in E-city and is enjoying his job. He is actually making decent money. Not as much as before but more than I anticipated. The price of gas cuts into the pay. This is the 1st job where he has to drive far to get to the job.

My running is going great. I can not believe how much it has improved. I planned on running 802 miles in 2008. As of 8/31 I had 566.7 miles (last yr same date miles=322.9miles). I calculated that I had to run at least 16 miles a week(if I took some weeks off for sickness...vacation..etc). But the past couple of weeks I am running 23-27 miles a week. It is incredible.

My husband and I went to counseling and it helped. We are still working on things. The counselor said he could stop coming and use the money on a gym. That it would help. He started going to a gym and hurt his back again...so he hasn't gone in a week or so. This has happened before....he starts exercising and then hurts something. Then he stops going. I hope this does not happen this time.

I have started using the microblog TWITTER. And I love it. It is nice to be able to make friends that you can share with each day. It is especially nice because I still don't have any close friends where I live. I have worked on that and plan on having a party at the house and inviting all my neighbors and friends. Hopefully that will get us closer with people in the area. Today it seems we get so busy and it is hard to make new friends.
Well gotta go and clean the house. This is "Labor" day...so it is time for some labor. SMILE

3 comments:

CewTwo said...

Kimberly, Great blog!

I am running Chicago this year and time is ticking down. Your mileage for the year looks great!

I did update the VRR chart to reflect the weekend miles that you posted! Thanks for joining!

Charlie (cewtwo)

SuperDave said...

Well it's about time you got posting again.. LOL
It's hard to keep up with all these "web things."
Your running is doing great! You are logging a ton of miles and fast too. Keep up the great running. 800 miles for the year! Wow - I am over 400 so far myself.
Take care :)

Tina Mickelson said...

Great Job Kimberly. Wow, your miles are stackin up quick. Are you training for a particular race? I'll look for you on Twitter. Sometimes I get around to using it, sometimes I just forget. LOL